The Imminent Wedding of Miss bb

The Imminent Wedding of Miss bb

One of the great names in thesession history, bb, is getting married this weekend to her beloved Newfound-lad in her home town of Sydney.

Thought I’d open up a discussion to let all of her thesession-ier buddies say something nice about her.

Re: The Imminent Wedding of Miss bb

Congratulations to Miss Bridie Burke.

Is she safely back home in the southern hemisphere? Hope she will visit us again in Tokyo for some tunes and pints. And of course, with yourself Ben and Dow. Or I could go to Sydney.

The wedding of members 19881and 2745 - is this our first thesession.org wedding? Apparently they met because Cors’ band had gone to Beebs’ session after seeing the listings on this site. What a cute couple they make! Looking forward to having tunes at the wedding…

Did you know SirNose that, naturally, in the middle of long-term drought they are predicting showers for Saturday? Perhaps beebs should have planned to get married at Warragamba and then at least some of it would end up in the dams. Luck o’the Irish, eh?

OK, here goes. When I first posted here with "Sydney" in my profile, bb was in touch straightaway, made sure I knew when the sessions were and encouraged me to come along. Without that, as a complete beginner and not knowing anybody, I might never have gone along to a session. She’s encouraged and welcomed me, in spite of me being a bit of a dead loss in managing to get to sessions and get ahead with the fiddle. She’s great craic, loads of fun and her passion for music is infectious. And - something I particularly like in a person - seems to me she calls a spade a bloody shovel and lets you do likewise, so you all know where you stand and no hard feelings.

You can still get here by the weekend, can’t you slainte? 🙂

Posted by .

Oh, hi, Dow!

Been practising all beebs’ favourite tunes for the big day?

Posted by .

Actually at the last couple of sessions I’ve been trying to pick up some of the sets the 2 of them play together so I can join in. Have you heard them playing together? Great stuff! There’s this one tune they play that’s been in my head all week |AB~B2 dB~B2|ABBA GFGA|F3E FGF2-|FEFG F4| blah blah |~f3d ~B4|efec A2GA|F3E FGF2-|FEFG F4…

No I haven’t, sadly. Been absolutely off the planet for about eight months. But I’ll be making up for lost time soon! (Must work on my blahs before attempting that tune, they’re not as snappy as they could be.)

Posted by .

Congratulations to the lovely couple
… and may all their troubles Bminor

Congrats and best wishes!

Hmmm don’t know what the fuss is; I never liked her anyway.

🙂)) Only jesting.

Beebs, if you’re reading this I hope you and Cory have a wonderful day and a long and blissful life together. Sorry I couldn’t go; I’ll do my best to get to the National with you next year. It was lovely to see you both again a few weeks ago. Take care

Love

Conán xx

Hi from Japan

Congrats Bridie!!
So are you already in Australia?
Ben, Dow, and John, how are you doing? When are you guys comingback to Tokyo?

bb, is this a good time to confess that I’ve always loved you, and I’ll give you my entire kingdom if you throw off that scoundrel and come away with me instead?

No more than one bodhran at the wedding.

All the george. (best)

I would really have loved to make the trek over from Perth to Sydney for the wedding but I’ve had a bit to much time off already recently.
I am making plans to come to the National next year as it is WA’s year. I’ll come whether I am performing or not.
I shall be raising my glass to bb & cory this weekend.
Best wishes to the lovely couple

You can tell how much Cory wants to make his brid(i)e happy by looking at his tunebook. Nothing but B minor reels 😀

I too was encouraged into involvment in the early days by Brides. The support of both her, Benno and Dow in particular has lead me into a music that has been a source of immeasurable joy to me and for that I will be forever indebted to all of them.

Congrats Brides. May the best of your past be the worst of your future.
Ben.

hehe dowser, that’s pretty funny!

For the information of all, Brides & Cory are back in Oz after their snowy Newfoundland jaunt… They had a triumphant meet ‘n greet tour of the national folk festival in Canberra and are now planning to settle in either Sunny Sydney or Muchly Musical Melbourne.

(their final settling point will be decided by myself and dow. Queensbury rules. no gloves.)

Fair play late-ness! Sorry for cross posting, brides has been a huge part of what’s made the australian scene so good. She was sorely missed and it’s awsome to have her back, and wonderful she’d found such a great person to share her life with.

Now, back to plotting how to get her (and late-ness and dow and greenwiggle and Tish etc.) to all move down to melbs….

Can we have another thread next week to tell us all how the wedding went?

I’ll be taking the digital camera, Donough, and will provide an on-line report ASAP.

Hey, this’ll put paid at last to those rumours that the reason Dow and beebs used to beat each other up here all the time was that *they* were secretly married … :D

Posted by .

Ahem, I’ll just clarify that - I am of course not going to post wedding pics all over the internet, but with bb & Cory’s permission I can email a scoop preview pic or two to her distant friends who send me their email address.

Posted by .

It’s okay he can have her - I divorced her when she started playing that Up Downey reel 🙂

SirNose I just heard you’re going to be turning up late for the bucks’ night. Does that mean that it’ll be my job to stop Cors from being stripped naked and tied to a lamppost in Newtown? Or is it actually my job to strip him naked and tie him to a lamppost in Newtown? I’m not sure you see, I’ve never done this before 🙂

Thanks guys……Only 2 days left! Thanks for your kind words (which are all completley false might I add🙂
And Dow and Benno - your job is to look after Cors not strip him naked and tie him to posts🙂

Posted by .

Howdy folksies! Bridie you’s gonna be the bridiest bridie this side of the Bridal expo. I’ve got me frock, my ‘tina’s getting fixed and I can’t wait!!!!! WAHOO!!!!!

It’s gonna be ace.

Hey Benno, can’t half tell you’ve got a day job again - back on the sessionista!! he he… kb xx

What a great way to bring all the Aussies on the mustard board together

Just like to wish Bridie alldebest for the big day-we’ll raise a glass at the cuckoo festival for ye.Wish we were back in Oz.
boo hoo.
Best of luck and have a good one.
love
Gerry and Trace.

Hmmm … no word from Dow or SirNose.

Maybe Cors stripped *them* naked and tied the pair of them to a lampost in Newtown …

Posted by .

Was the Bucks night last night or is it still to come. This might explain their absence.
Otherwise they might be rehearsing/practicing for the day.
Hey Tish are you going to be at the National Festival in Canberra next year?

I’m guessing the bucks night was last night rather than tonight, given that it’s a morning wedding!

I just might be at the National, Donough - I’ve been tied up with music commitments at that time for the last 20 years and I’m now telling folks it’s time others took their turn and I got to go outside and play for once. ;)

Posted by .

It was last night. Can someone turn the yellow down round here - it’s doing nothing for my head. We weren’t cruel enough to strip Cory naked and tie him to a lamppost, but I had some fun stressing him out at the start of the night by saying stuff to the best man like "I didn’t manage to get any potassium permanganate but I thought iodine would do instead" and "did you manage to track down those handcuffs?" and "did you get that ‘stuff’ of Steve?" Poor Cors looked a bit worried until he’d had a few "Rusty Nail" cocktails and then he seemed to stop caring 🙂

https://thesession.org/tunes/2775

Congratulations to the bride and groom, have a great day, and best wishes for a happy future together.

Posted by .

All the Best to Cory and Bridie. Hope you guys had a great day. Hope to see you back in Newfoundland soon. Best wishes from all the Newfoundland crowd. Hanrahan says Whaddyat.

Posted by .

Wedding was brilliant!

In spite of forecast light rain and clouds it was a brilliant Sydney-Harbour-in-the-Autumn day.

She looked beautiful (of course) in an almost-period costume deep creme satin overdress with laced-on sleeves and lace-trimmed chemise, and flowers in her hair.

Trouble In The Kitchen played brilliantly (of course) and everything was … just brilliant!

(Oh … and Cory and SirNose and Dow scrubbed up alright too 😀 )

Posted by .

I’ve forgotten my history. When did the Almost Period occur? Or shouldn’t I go there?