Mary Bergin’s whistles?

Mary Bergin’s whistles?

I notice a lot of knowledge about whistles at this forum. I think I am going to buy som whistles soon and have a question.

Do someone know what kind of whistles (the name, not the key) my whistler hero Mary Bergin uses at her solo albums Feadoga stain 1 and 2?

In the booklet in the cd cover at feadoga stain 2 it stand that she uses a wooden top made by Pat O’Riordan for slow airs, but what about the jigs and reels?

At the picture at the back of the cover she plays on a fairly simple brass whistle with red plastic top, I know there are many whistles in this category, but do anyone have an idea?

Re: Mary Bergin’s whistles?

I did hear her on a radio interview and as I recall she said she had a house full of whistles! She puzzled over the fact that you could play a whistle till it sounded past its best, throw it in a corner for a few months or years and then pick it up again and it played better than ever. Make of that, what you will!
The only specific maker I recall her mentioning was a Sindt.

Posted .

As far as I know she uses regular Generation on the first one.
Not sure about the other.

Mary was renowned for her loyalty to the old generation whistles for many moons but has now moved on the Sindt as mentioned above.

You should check out chiff and fipple for reviews on the sindt [and hundreds of other makes] and for contact details for Sindt Whistles. http://www.chiffandfipple.com/sindtinterview.html

She still plays Generations frequently. The Sind is a great whistle, too, but really if you learn to play a Generation well, you should be able to play anything.

I heard Mary Bergin on Geantri the other night she is one of the best in the world

Posted by .