Fleadh Cheoil Luimnigh
FLEADH FEVER - FOR TRADDIES, FOODIES, FAMILIES, HISTORIANS & FITNESS FANATICS!
The wonderful Fleadh Cheoil Luimnigh Line up is all over the place, but keep on liking and sharing so we get as many visitors into the lovely town of Kilfinane as we can! North Cregg Headlining withe musicians including Liam Flanagan Bernadette Nic Gabhann Derek Hickey Caoimhin O’Fheargail Nell Ni Cronin Ronan Ryan Bobby Gardiner Ryan O’Donnell and many more.
The weekend is not just about Trad though, so other events taking place include;
****SATURDAY 03RD JUNE****
- Family Fun day on Saturday 03rd from 12 - 4pm in Kilfinane Coi, with a lots of games, entertainment and craic (and a bit of caint as gaeilge!).
- Ballyhoura Apple Farm are running their outdoor market over Saturday and Sunday.
- Kilfinane Historical Society are running a 1 hour walk, meeting at the Fountain at 3pm including a visit to our newly adopted Heritage Council Monument ‘The Moate’.
- Gig Rig will be up and running outside O’Shaughnessys from 4pm, music at Mass at 6.30 and then Headline act North Cregg on the street from 7.30pm onwards.
****SUNDAY 05TH JUNE****
- Yoga in the Kilfinane Coi at 12pm (with a bit of gaelige thrown in)!
- Ballyhoura Beo are running a 1 hour Trad Treasure Trail to find the Golden Notes around the town - suitable for all ages so meet at fountain at 2pm.
- A junior busking competition will be run on the street from 2 - 3.30pm with a prize of €50 for the most entertaining act - meet at the fountain at 2pm for places or catch the music following the Trad Trail.
- From 6pm onwards there will be group tunes on the square, and all budding musicians can join in!
Hit Mc Graths Bar, O Shaughnessys Bar, McCarthy’s Bar, Denis Healy, Aileen Kelleher, throughout from WEDNESDAY 31st to MONDAY 05th for loads of music on the SEISIUN TRAIL.
HUP NA HOURA concert on THURSDAY 01st JUNE is booking out so txt or phone 0874548501 to book your place for this historic opening night of Fleadh Cheoil Luimnigh!
Remember book your accommodation in Ballyhoura Hostel, Woodview BedandBreakfast, Deebert House Hotel, Ballyhoura mountain lodges Charleville Park Hotel or Ballyhoura Camper Van Park
Come for the Competitions and stay - A MASSIVE welcome is in store for you!
See you in two weeks - excited