North East Fiddle School Virtual Summer School
Two days of live fiddle workshops, exclusive video tutorials, guided fiddle practices, Zoom chats with the tutors, a session and a concert. Events will be aimed at all abilities of fiddle player from competent beginner through to advanced, led by guest tutors Kevin Lees, Sophy Ball, Grace Smith and Jim Boyle, alongside our regular tutors Melissa Whitehead and Stewart Hardy.
The weekend will be a mix of Live events on Zoom and exclusive Video Tutorials recorded for the Summer School, and each tutor will share their expertise with different ability levels. There will be suggested times over the weekend for several video tutorials, but you will have access for 6 months with all supporting materials available to download.
Virtual Summer School Pass:
Standard Price: £60
Pay More: £70 / Pay Less: £50 / Sponsor the event: £100
As a VSS Pass Holder, come to all the live events and receive continued access to all video tutorials and materials for 6 months.
Book now: http://www.northeastfiddleschool.org.uk/shop/
Saturday 22nd Aug
– Live: Guided Fiddle Practice – play-along with tips and techniques for effective practice
– Live: Tune Workshops for specific levels
– Video Tutorials for specific levels
– Live: Meet the Tutors – a Zoom chat introducing the tutors and the tunes they have chosen to teach
– Live: Guided Fiddle Practice
– Style Video Tutorials on topics chosen by the tutors, with a chance to ask questions aftewards live on Zoom
– Live: Session led by the tutors – the first half will be a steady session, followed by regular session tunes after the break.
Sunday 23rd August
– Live Guided Fiddle Practice, Live workshops and Video tutorials by level
– Live Guided Fiddle practice and Style Video Tutorials
– Live: Ask the Tutors – Q&A panel on all things fiddle related
– Live: Play through the VSS Big Tune (a tune we can all learn from a video tutorial and play together at the end of the afternoon)
– Virtual Summer School Tutors’ Concert on YouTube.
For a guide to the ability levels and who is teaching which slot, please see: