- Dear Sienna by Aerialists Added by Kyran K-S .
- The Crooked Road by Carnloch Added by GW .
- The Press Gang by The Press Gang (Ireland) Added by GW .
- Fortune It May Smile by The Press Gang (USA) Added by NfldWhistler .
- Struan’s (single) by Project Smok Added by Alex Davidson .
My favorite tune on here is 6A, "Waltz for Father", which sounds like it could be a mazurka. more…Posted by .
Re: Old Time Scottish Fiddle Music from Cape Breton Island
I wonder where the jig (or slide?) "Annie Golletti" (3C) comes from, since there's no link to it. Golletti sounds as though it could be an Italian name. It puts me in mind as somewhat similar to the English jig "Holm Band Tune." more…Posted by .
Never mind; I figured out the two I wanted to know, The Red Mill and The Mongrel. Thanks to a fellow session-er who pointed me to the cbfiddle recording index. (I can’t believe I’d never heard of it? Where have I been?) more…Posted by .
Released in 1993 on their own Durham Street label, Carnloch consisted of Noel McQuaid (tenor banjo, bouzouki, mandolin), Sarah McQuaid (vocals, guitar, bodhrán and úbh) and Larry Nugent (flute and tin whistle). more…Posted by .
Re: The Press Gang
There been more than a few bands called The Press Gang over the years (with or without the definite article). The one from Maine is listed on this site already, so here's the Irish one. more…Posted by .
- Bluebells are Blooming. edited the recording
- Dear Sienna. added the recording
- Portrait. left a comment on the recording
- Meeting place. edited the recording
- The Old Wheel Of Fortune. edited the recording