KGB - Contra intelligence
1996 album. KGB are a Seattle-based band, which play New England style contra dance, and English Contry Dance (band named MI-5 in this case). Influences from the British Isles, Quebec, New England, Western & Eastern Europe, South America, Old Time US.
Album can be purchased on CDBaby:
- Julie King (piano/percussion)
- Claude Ginsburg (violin/concertina/viola/mandolin/feet/Nevamar/jug/percussion)
- Dave Bartley (mandolin/guitars/cittern/tenor banjo/prim/tambura/percussion)
- Track 6: Barry Foy (percussion), Maya Johnson (percussion)
- Track 13: Tom Deering (whistle)
Many of the tunes are their own compositions.
Trip To Sofia, Crimea River, Pork Barrel Polka, Bottom Of The Barrel, The Merry Waltz, and The Clock Stopped.
Leather Egg, and The Other Road To Durham.
Call It A Night.
For more info on the tunes, see here: