- Uncle Leo’s slip jig Added by Reverend .
- The Independence hornpipe Added by Anonymous_Piper .
- The Golden Eagle hornpipe Added by Anonymous_Piper .
- Midnight On The Water waltz Added by Damien Rogeau .
- The Spike Island Lasses reel Added by jamesa .
In the past week:
- Cooley’s reel in 10 tunebooks
- The Kesh jig in 9 tunebooks
- Reel De Port-Joli reel in 8 tunebooks
- The Maid Behind The Bar reel in 6 tunebooks
- Frank’s reel in 6 tunebooks
- The Teetotaler’s reel in 6 tunebooks
- Dusty Windowsills jig in 5 tunebooks
- The Merry Blacksmith reel in 5 tunebooks
- The Silver Spear reel in 5 tunebooks
- The Road To Lisdoonvarna reel in 5 tunebooks
- Cooley’s, Drowsy Maggie. Made by Louis Boyle .
- The Dunmore Lasses, The Green Fields Of Rossbeigh, The Belles Of Tipperary. Made by D.Sorcha .
- The Rocky Road To Dublin. Made by D.Sorcha .
- Dublin Streets, The Arra Mountains, Redican’s Mother, The Rocky Road To Dublin, An Phis Fhliuch, The Exile’s Jig. Made by D.Sorcha .
- Rolling In The Ryegrass, The Duke Of Leinster, The Wind That Shakes The Barley. Made by Gene Carlson .
Re: The Cuban
There is a relative of this tune in CRE5 #92(ii) called the Gypsy's Polka (Polca na Giofóige). That setting came from one of the Pádraig O'Keeffe manuscripts.Posted by .
I got this tune off the wonderful Ashlar album by Nova Scotia band, Cóig. (https://thesession.org/recordings/6620) They named the set Uncle Leo's, and the tune is listed in the recordings here as that name as well, so I thought I would transcribe it.Posted by .
- Midnight On The Water, X:5
Re: Compliments To Eilidh Smith
Mostly commenting so this will show up in recent activity because it’s such a great tune and it should be in more tune books! I love it!Posted by .
Re: Oigfhear A Chuil Duinn
The song is in Alexander Campbell’s Albyn’s Anthology vol.2 (1818) with the title, ‘Native Land, Adieu’. He said the song was set to ‘a St Kilda melody’, and in a footnote says he got the tune from the singing of Miss Macleod of Roudle in [the...Posted by .
- Alasdair’s Tune to their tunebook. added
- The Golden Eagle to their tunebook. added
- The Cappataggle Shuffle to their tunebook. added
- Dusty Windowsills. bookmarked a setting of the tune
- Captain Lachlan MacPhail Of Tiree. bookmarked a setting of the tune
- O’Neill’s 1001 Jigs, Reels, Hornpipes, Airs and Marches
- Henrik Norbek’s ABC Tunes
- Foinn Seisiún from Comhaltas